For engine only exercising and general engine maintenance a resistive only loadbank is ideal for clearing carbon build-up in the engine, it is the most common and cost-effective option for preventative maintenance.
Loadbanks provide a number of benefits:
- Peace of mind – that the generator will work when needed
- Regular load testing can increase the life and reliability of a generator
- Proves true performance of the generator
- Safe replication of emergency situations for new systems
- Demonstrate engine output for overhauled engines